Views
Helpful
Replies

SRP547W features.

jon meacham
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

I have recently purchased this router, and notice that you can't disable DCHP for the default vlan, and it does not terminate vpn connections, only allows passthrough.

Are there any plans to rectify these in a firmware update.?

Thanks..

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi All,

VPN Server functionality will be available in the next maintenance release due at the end of this month.

Andy

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

To disable DHCP you must go under

Interface Setup

|---> LAN

|--->VLAN Settings

and edit default Vlan 1 settings.

Under this menu you can change the options "Address Type" from DHCP Server to a different value.

What is your firmware version?

The last downloadable version is 1.2.1.

With this version I can terminate VPN under VPN section menu.

Regards.

Hi,

Does this mean you can use the a vpn client software with this, or is it only for site to site connections.?

These are informations from Cisco Support staff:

"Currently the SRP only supports point to point IPSec VPN.

We have VPN server (for Cisco VPN clients) on our roadmap."

Regards.

Hi All,

VPN Server functionality will be available in the next maintenance release due at the end of this month.

Andy

Thats great, thanks for the update.

Hi, I see that the new firmware has been released , however I need the cisco vpn client. I understand you need the support contract to download it?

Hi Jon,

Yes, I have noticed that this can be a problem.  As the SRP is typically positioned as a Service Provider product, the client code would normally be distributed by them.

I have noticed that the code can also be downloaded on other sites around the internet - try a search for VPN client version

5.0.07.0.410-k9 for the 32 bit version or 5.0.07.0.440-k9 for the 64 bit version.  Alternatively, the native Mac client will work, as should the Shrewsoft client.

Regards,

Andy

Hi Andrew,

Just noticed the max no of registered users held in the router is 15 - which i think is a bit low.

any chance of a feature request to increase this to something like 25 - 30.

Only expect to have 1-2 connected at a time , but its quite restrictive in the number of registered users.

Thanks for the feedback Jon,

We'll take a look to see if we can get this added in one of our next releases.

Regards,

Andy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: