Views
Helpful
Replies

SRP547W WIFI Drop out

saleemarshad1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Ocassionally, i see that the wifi on the SRP Freezes. If i am connected via lan, i can still surf the net or connect to another access point on the network and surf. But the wiress devides connected to the SRP loose connectivity even though it shows that the wifi connection is connected.

I am running on the latest firmware. this problem has started occcuring only recently

Any thoughts will help.

thanks

3 Replies 3

weslsmit
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Saleem,

There are a few questions that need to be answered before we can start looking for a cause, and I am assuming that when you refer to connected via lan you mean by wired connection.

Has anything recently changed/added/moved on the network such as adding an Access Point or other wireless device? How ofter do you notice this issue occurring?

When you loose ability to browse but you still show connected to the SRP's SSID can you ping the SRP's LAN IP address. Can you ping a public IP address such as 8.8.8.8. Can you ping by name, such as google.com?

Do all devices have this issue with the SRP or are there some that have no Issues? What are the Operating systems/Device Type?

What encryption and Channel are you using on the SRP?

Also, What are you doing to remedy the issue when it is occurring?

There are a lot of things that need to be looked at and It may be quicker and easier to give us a call at 1-866-606-1866 so that we can open a service request for you and get this resolved.

Thank You,

Wesley S.

I have a similar issue with my router too. I find that once I exceed 8 wireless clients the router disconnects all clients and behaves erratically by connecting and reconnecting clients every 5-10 seconds until I reboot the router manually. I find the router is infact responding to other functions, such as accessing servers in my LAN from the internet.

I have 2 ipads, 3 iphones, 1 desktop, 1 printer and 3 laptops in my household.

Model:SRP547W, ADSL2+ AnnexA, 802.11n ETSI, 4FXS/1FXO
Version ID:V02
Hardware Version:3.1.0
Boot Version:1.1.19 (Aug 24 2010 - 20:50:42)
Firmware Version:1.2.4 (003) Jan 11 2012
ADSL Firmware Version:0.76.0
Recovery Firmware:1.02.02 (009)
WAN MAC Address:1C:DF:0F:B7:6F:40
Current Time:Tue, 22 May 2012 18:17:37

WAN:

WAN1 (2 PVC Enabled)

LAN:

VID (3 VLAN Enabled)

Wireless:

2 SSID Enabled

Network Mode:Wireless-N only
Radio Band:Standard - 20MHz Channel
Channel:13 - 2.472GHZ

I am the only Channel 13 AP in my area too. I am using WPA2 AES encryption.

Is there a limitation of this hardware to only support 8 clients? I guess only 1 or 2 devices is every doing a great deal on the wifi, other times its idling.

Thanks!

JK    

saleemarshad1
Level 1
Level 1

I've started facing this again. The wifi network dissapears on and off and it comes back in a while. The LAN work ok
What I hv also noticed is that the Internet connection drops periodically. I have a fast broad band but ocassionaly it hangs even when connected via LAN. I hv a Vodafone suresignal and that's not working well because of this.
It's a feature packed device but it seems a bit flaky to me.
I have the latest firmware on it now
But the problem persists

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App