Views
Helpful
Replies

SRP547W with Bonjour

benn.eichhorn
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have recently upgraded our network using the SRP547W and since upgrading none of the bonjour services work on the Macs, Airports and iPhones that work on the previously network.

All devices connect wirelessly and all are on the same vlan.

I saw this thread which mentioned a firmware update, however I seem to be running a newer vesion than that:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3294935

Router infos:

Model:SRP547W, ADSL2+ AnnexA, 802.11n ETSI, 4FXS/1FXO
Version ID:V02
Hardware Version:3.1.0
Boot Version:1.1.19 (Aug 24 2010 - 20:50:42)
Firmware Version:1.02.00 (023) Jan 6 2011
ADSL Firmware Version:0.60.0
Recovery Firmware:1.02.00 (023)

Can someone please help me with any settings or steps I should take in order to debug or fix this issue?

Thanks

Benn

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Tim,

Nick was kind enough to confirm that his issue was  fixed in a 1.2.1 engineering build, so the version on cisco.com ought to  be ok.

Can you be more specific about the issue that you are seeing?

Regards,

Andy

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Nick La Galle
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same issue as well. same firmware and model but no luck with Bonjour services.

Does it work on the SRP547W?

Nick

An update after speaking with their support line.. Apparently the 54x models do not support Bonjour. What an absolute joke! an $80 router can do it but this can't.

Lift your game Cisco! where is the firmware update that will fix the problem!

Hi Guys,

Just to be clear.  The SRP500 doesn't currently support Bonjour as a discovery protocol for its own services (it does support CDP and UPnP for this currently).  This is not the same as saying can the device handle Bonjour traffic flowing between clients in the LAN - which is what I believe you are more interested in.

As the other thread you saw points out, there was an issue previously on the SRP500 that prevented multicast traffic (including Bonjour) from bridging between wired and wireless networks.  That was fixed for the SRP520 in 1.1.19(004), which is actually a newer firmware build than the one shipped with the SRP540 (the two devices run different code trains, so 1.2.x is not necessarily "newer" than 1.1.x code.)

I'll double check that the same fix has been committed for the SRP540, in which case it will be available in the next published maintenance release.

Regards,

Andy

We seem to be having this problem on our SRP547W running the new 1.02.01 firmware.

Can you confirm that this issue has been (or would be) resolved?

Thanks,

Tim.

Hi Tim,

Nick was kind enough to confirm that his issue was  fixed in a 1.2.1 engineering build, so the version on cisco.com ought to  be ok.

Can you be more specific about the issue that you are seeing?

Regards,

Andy

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the respose, glad to hear this issue has been fixed in the current firmware release.

Our particular problem turned out to be with the device, not the router, so no problems to report on that front.

Cheers,

Tim.

Thanks for letting us know Tim,

Andy