cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Static IP Addresses don't have internet access (RV042)

Hello,

I've installed RV042 for a client of mine. For next two months everything worked without any problems. The issue I've been experiencing lately is when I assign a static IP address to the PC it won't have internet access. Once I allow it to have a dynamically assigned IP then it works fine. The IP I assign isn't part of the DHCP range.

Any feedback or point in right direction is appeciated.

7 Replies 7

jasbryan
Level 6
Level 6

Mike,

You can add a DHCP Static ip map that any time that pc requests an address it will get the same address. I haven't seen any issues setting via a static ip address on the RV0xx model.

Please make sure you have latest Firmware configured on RV0xx router.

jasbryan

gweston
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same problem and have the latest firmware. I have a number of PC with static IPs. They can ping the cable modem, but not reach the Internet unless the are set for DHCP.

George

Hello George,

What is the LAN IP and Subnet mask of the Router?

What is one of the computers IP, Subnet and Gateway set to.

If we still have issues it might be best to call into the support center at 1-866-606-1866 for further troublshooting.

Cisco Small Business Support Center

Randy Manthey

CCNA, CCNA - Security

If you reboot the router does that fix the issue for a short time period?

You could try to set a static mac-address to IP mapping.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/csbr/rv0xx/administration/guide/rv0xx_AG_78-19576.pdf

Page 59.

Randy Manthey

CCNA, CCNA - Security

rmanthey@cisco.com

Ionut.Hristea
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

How are you accesing the internet? is it PAT ? then maybe the ip address assigned is not in the ip pool that is beeing nated... can you post some configs?

My problem is identical to George's. My scheme is 192.168.1.0 network with 1 being the RV042 and class C network. I have 50 addresses in DHCP scheme and assigned a static IP to one of the remote PCs being used and it worked fine until about a week ago when all of the PCs with static IP stopped working.

Hello Mike,

Can you ping the 192.168.1.1? If so can you ping the WAN IP? If so can you ping the ISP's Default gateway?

If you can't ping 192.168.1.1 then you do a arp -a what is the mac of the 192.168.1.1? Is that mac address match the routers MAC? can you clear your arp table arp -d and then test does it ping now?

Randy Manthey

CCNA, CCNA - Security

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: