cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Telnet RV016

msainthf1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys, I know this is a small business appliance I got my ccna certification with the hope of practice my CLI skills with a cisco device however I read in cisco docs the small business routers doesn´t support talnet neiter ssh I mean CLI, is thta true?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jonatrod
Level 7
Level 7

Good morning

Thanks for using our forum

Hi , my name is Johnnatan and I am part of the Small business Support community. The Rv016 doesn´t support SSH neither Telnet, you have to manage it through the GUI, however if you want to buy a router that support CLI you can go to Cisco.com and look for a router that  support it, I have a 2800 router to practice in my home, it has been very useful to practice with the CLI

I hope you find this answer useful,

*Please mark the question as Answered or rate it so other users can benefit from it"

Greetings,

Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda.

Cisco Network Support Engineer.

“Please rate useful posts so other users can benefit from it” Greetings, Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda. Cisco Network Support Engineer.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

jonatrod
Level 7
Level 7

Good morning

Thanks for using our forum

Hi , my name is Johnnatan and I am part of the Small business Support community. The Rv016 doesn´t support SSH neither Telnet, you have to manage it through the GUI, however if you want to buy a router that support CLI you can go to Cisco.com and look for a router that  support it, I have a 2800 router to practice in my home, it has been very useful to practice with the CLI

I hope you find this answer useful,

*Please mark the question as Answered or rate it so other users can benefit from it"

Greetings,

Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda.

Cisco Network Support Engineer.

“Please rate useful posts so other users can benefit from it” Greetings, Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda. Cisco Network Support Engineer.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: