cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

The Cisco RV042G vs Danish "nemID" public service security

bs
Level 1
Level 1

RV042G V01 Firmware v4.2.1.02 (Jan 18 2012 14:10:55) running IPv4 mode only. There is an active DynDNS account running on WAN2.

I have got a problem with the RV042G because bank and public security systems "nemID" actually can see my two IP's and therefore "thinks" I am fifling with the connection.

Anyway the result is that I am thrown off the connection. Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks in advance Bo.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

To set up protocol binding do the following

• Navigate system management -> Dual WAN and ensure load balance is enabled
  • Under interface setting go to WAN1 and click the configuration icon
  • Scroll down to Protocol Binding
  • On the service choose "All Traffic [TCP & UDP/1~65535]
  • Soure  IP address can be a range of consecutive IP or a single IP address, for  testing, choose source IP as 1 machine IP such as source 192.168.1.10  to 192.168.1.10
  • Destination IP will be 0.0.0.0 to 0.0.0.0
  • The interface will be the WAN you wish the traffic to go out of then click Enable, Add to List then Save

Lastly,  test to see if it works. You can either go to the page your trying to  access or you may go to a external website such as www.ipchicken.com and  keep refreshing to see if your Ip changes.

-Tom
Please mark answered for helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Tom Watts
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Bo, if you're running both WAN ports simultaneously, it means you are load balancing. There are 2 solutions for this.

• Use a single WAN connection and have the second WAN connection as a back up
  • Bind the protocol to a particular WAN port for specific machines while using the load balancing mechanism

-Tom

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

Hi Tom, Thank You for a very quick answer, but I have a problem I can't figure out how to "Bind the protocol to a particular WAN port for specific machines while using the load balancing mechanism".

Could you explain it further?

Thank you in advance Bo.

To set up protocol binding do the following

• Navigate system management -> Dual WAN and ensure load balance is enabled
  • Under interface setting go to WAN1 and click the configuration icon
  • Scroll down to Protocol Binding
  • On the service choose "All Traffic [TCP & UDP/1~65535]
  • Soure  IP address can be a range of consecutive IP or a single IP address, for  testing, choose source IP as 1 machine IP such as source 192.168.1.10  to 192.168.1.10
  • Destination IP will be 0.0.0.0 to 0.0.0.0
  • The interface will be the WAN you wish the traffic to go out of then click Enable, Add to List then Save

Lastly,  test to see if it works. You can either go to the page your trying to  access or you may go to a external website such as www.ipchicken.com and  keep refreshing to see if your Ip changes.

-Tom

It works   Thank you very much. You are a genius

After Your first answer I had figured out everything but the destination IP.

( I have been to France (Val Thorens) skiing last week therefore the late reply)

Once more tank you verey much for a very good and competent answer.

Bo Steffensen

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: