cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

There seem to be multiple issues with RV340 Firmware

AP_1967
Level 1
Level 1

I was able to get a site to site VPN going between Cisco RV340 and a Juniper SSG Firewall/Router. As Cisco does not suppor basic multiple Subnets for the Remote Site i build an IP Address Group. When adding or removing Subnets these seems to not take effect right away. The only way i found this to take effect is after a reload. I can imagine this is by design that one needs to take a network down to get an update.

Also after getting a update notification i went to 1.0.03.19 of the firmware in hope this might solve the issue but in my case it created a whole new one. The Router started to randomly reboot for no reason. Neither do i have torrents nor a heavy network load on Internet or the IPSEC VPN.

So i am wondering if the IP Address Group has a work around and what could be the source of my reboots as it seems to have stopped going back to 1.0.03.18

Just as an update almost 24 hrs later and after downgrade to .18 the router has stopped rebooting with no configuration changes. In .19 i had a reboot almost every 60 to 90 minutes

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

AP_1967
Level 1
Level 1

After not finding solution, i opened a ticket and it turns out the issue mostlikely is a corrupt config file.

No idea what corrupted it but here was the fix for me. 

a) upgrade back to 1.0.03.19 and select reset certificates and config to factory default

b) rebuild config from scratch

This solved my random reboots so far for 3 days

you might be able to backup config and then restore after upgrade and reset but i decided the save route and started from scratch

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

AP_1967
Level 1
Level 1

After not finding solution, i opened a ticket and it turns out the issue mostlikely is a corrupt config file.

No idea what corrupted it but here was the fix for me. 

a) upgrade back to 1.0.03.19 and select reset certificates and config to factory default

b) rebuild config from scratch

This solved my random reboots so far for 3 days

you might be able to backup config and then restore after upgrade and reset but i decided the save route and started from scratch

nagrajk1969
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi AP_1967,

>>>When adding or removing Subnets these seems to not take effect right away. The only way i found this to take effect is after a >>>reload. I can imagine this is by design that one needs to take a network down to get an update.

- No there is no need to reboot the router after you have updated the subnets in the ip-group used in the existing active S2S tunnel. 

- First ensure that the update to the ipgroup is also done on the remote Cisco-Router/PeerGw

- After adding/removing the subnets in the ip-group, visit the S2S vpn page and edit the existing S2S tunnel connection...and do the below steps:

1. "Disable" the S2S tunnel by unchecking the "Enable" check box in the Basic-Settings page

2. Click on Apply ( this will disconnect the tunnel)

3. Next once again edit the s2s tunnel connection, and this time Enable the tunnel by checking the "Enable" checkbox...and click on Apply

4. Next you should see that the S2S tunnel is UP again

5. Now also do a permanent Save

- This is how i could apply the changes made to the IP-Group used in a S2S tunnel..

-Br

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: