cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Transferring QoS Settings from RV180 to RV345

mallardnathan
Level 1
Level 1

I'm installing a RV345 tonight to replace my RV180. I'm attaching a ZIP file of screenshots of all my QoS settings on my RV180. I haven't figured out how to re-create these settings on the RV345 since the QoS interface is different. Can someone assist me with this?

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

mallardnathan
Level 1
Level 1

I managed to tweak some QoS settings with a Cisco engineer via phone, and so far, voice quality is clear on my phone after adjusting the settings. I am willing to post some screenshots of the QoS settings on my RV345 in case someone wishes to double-check to ensure they are correct.

Hi mallaardnathan, I just purchased a RV345 as well and I would be interested in seeing your QOS setup. I will be implementing a VOIP solution and I would require a QOS setup.

Thanks

Hi there!

It turns out my QoS settings were wrong after chatting with another engineer. What the engineer did was have me run packet captures using Wireshark. He looked up the DSCP values of them and prioritized them in my router. I can post the screenshots of those if you want to see how he did it, but my VOIP system and yours might be different, so you'll likely want to run Wireshark on your network to ensure you prioritize the correct DSCP values.