Views
Helpful
Replies

Two Questions about the SRP527W

Ronald RiemVis
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

The SRP527 is working fine with VPN however I can't ping my local netwerk on the client side.

The IP addres range is the same as from the remote side only start from 240.

My internal IP addresses are:

On the side where the router is:

10.10.56.1 <> default gateway from the router

10.10.56.3 <> a Server all the devices there are working and can map to local drives.

Local:

After connect the VPN I get IP address 10.10.56.240 who also become my default gateway.

Ping to a local printer on 10.10.56.110 give a reply from 10.10.56.1 destination can't be reached

In the client software I can mark Allow local LAN Network. It make no difference still not possible to ping local.

Second question:

Can I remote install the new firmware without getting problems with my VPN line? Can I still acces the router from remote even after update the firmware?

Thanks for your time to  read this

2 Replies 2

lariasqu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Ronald, thank you for using our forum, my name is Luis I am part of the Small business Support community. I think the reason why you are not able to reach the local network from your client is because you are using the same subnet for both sides. So, basically the Router is searching this IP address to the local and it is not crossing the VPN tunnel, in this case I advise you to change the subnet from one of your sides.

For your 2nd question, you are able to upgrade the firmware remotely and your device going to keep the configuration so, you can access to them without any problem, your device will save your configuration.

I hope you find this answer useful

Greetings,

Luis Arias.

Cisco Network Support Engineer.

Ronald RiemVis
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Luis Arias,

Thank you for giving me support on the issue.

About the suggestion to change the subnet mask on one side, which I did:

In the router a start address 10.10.56.240 is set with a subnet mask 255.255.0.0 when try to change that subnet mask to 255.255.255.0 the network address is already existent.

Playing with the IP number does not give met the final result 10.10.56.240 with subnet 255.255.255.0 so I needed to leave it with the subnet mask 255.255.0.0

I changed the client side to 10.10.56.20 with subnet 255.255.255.0 and marked the selection allow local LAN.

After make the connection with the VPN I get 10.10.56.240 as local address which also becomes my default gateway.

Still not possible to ping the local printer 10.10.56.110 and get from 10.10.56.1 destination can't be reached

The 10.10.56.1 is the VPN router default gateway address.

Hope it give you enough information to help to solve my problem,

Greetings,

Ronald

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: