cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Two RV110W routers to make 1 big happy network?

wtitcscott
Level 1
Level 1

I have a client with 2 stores, and they bought identical RV110W routers. I could have sworn that I had them connecting in a VPN early on, but now they are not connecting.

Can someone guide me on the VPN/tunnel setup I need to accomplish the following goals:

• both networks can see / use resources at the other end of the network such as NAS and printers
  • both networks continue to function independently if Internet is down.
  • No client software is used - the routers build and support the tunnel

I think my allergy meds have made me loopy today and I cannot get this to work.

Router #1 (R1) and Router #2 (R2) will each have a static WAN IP.

R1 LAN is set to 192.168.3.x

R2 LAN is set to 192.168.2.x

Is my desired configuration supported in the RV110W (as I said, I think it did connect once, but I didn't test it, and subsequent attempts have not worked).

I appreciate any help and pointers you can offer.

Thanks!

Scott

2 Replies 2

Michael Swenson
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thanks for contacting Cisco,

The RV110w does support 1 site to site VPN tunnel.  The key is to make sure the configuration matches on both ends.  Of course the IP addresses will be different and the local and remote LAN IPs.

Also, the WAN IP must be public IP address.  Thus, the RV110w will be the gateway routers.

If you need additional assistance, please forward the tunnel configurations.

Best Regards,

Glenn Martin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Also take alook at this previouis post:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11763486/ipsec-site-site-tunnel-between-2-x-rv110w-routers

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: