Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to configure VPN on Rv215W

estauss01
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am trying to configure VPN on a RV215W (something I have done before on the same model) but its not working. It keeps telling me I need to change the IP address, which I do not want to do.

I have attached a screen shot of the what it is telling me.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

5 Replies 5

Kremena Ivanova
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

This message appears only if you are using the default LAN subnet 192.168.1.0 and you want to configure a VPN use. This function is created for security reason, in order not to have a conflict between the VPN client IP and the LAN subnet range (they should always be different). 

Unless you don't change the default LAN range, you cant skip this step. SO, when you click ok, it will change the subnet range. Afert that you have to login to the router new IP address and you can change back the LAN subnet to the default 192.168.1.0. The VPN user will be there and you can use it.

Regards,

Kremena

Good to know, So I can change it, then create the VPN users, then change it back?

Thanks

Correct. I think that's the best way to configure it.

Thank you for your reply. The Router is in a different city, so it might be a few days before I can make the change.

Hello, 

I wanted to follow up with you and find out if you were able to get the issue resolved.

Have you been able to test the configuration? Do you need any more help?

Please let us know.