cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

unable to monitor RV042 using SNMP

dsabogal
Level 1
Level 1

User are complaining the internet is going down but I can see the modem is not going down I have a continuous test ping to modem and the modem is fine. So probably the issue is the Cisco router RV02 in order for me to determine this I need to monitor and collect deeper logs. in Our company we use PRTG Network monitor in order to monitor any network device . I tried enabling SNMP , but it is not communicating. I need to be able to configure the SNMP but is not working. I am attaching here the setting I setup.

I enabled it and also created access rule to allow UDP 161 port from my PRTG server IP to the public IP of this router . 

2 Replies 2

Hi 

you need to modify destination server IP address under your snmp from 66.175.118.18 to destination server 12.42.133.66.

Kindly have a check on this

HTH

Sandy

LJ Gabrillo
Level 5
Level 5

Question:

1. Why are you using a public IP, are you using port-forwarding to wherever you are sending that SNMP packet? So that means your server is on the other LAN?

I am assuming that you are using VPN, so the IP for your Traps should be the LAN ip of your PRTG
Also please note SNMP uses two ports

161/UDP  -SNMP
162/UDP -Traps

and lastly, please verify that your PRTG server can ping that router, if not, well you have a connectivity problem

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: