cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using RV34x, How can I have 255.255.254.0 (23) subnet? I need more IP addresses in my DHCP (server)?

gtsmithjr
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to setup a VLAN that has more IP addresess available via DHCP.

When I try to change it to a 255.255.254.0 (23), it will not save.  I've not done this before anywhere so maybe not an true option, but I've read discussions on the process.

Thanks,

G.T.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sujoy Paria
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

It is possible to assign the /23 IP pool on the VLAN interface and enable the DHCP server. Please try different browser and check once. Please refer the attached screenshot for VLAN115.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Do you get some sort of error , if so which one ?

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

No errors, the fields turn Red, indicating a non valid value.  So that is not the way to do it if there is a way.

Sujoy Paria
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

It is possible to assign the /23 IP pool on the VLAN interface and enable the DHCP server. Please try different browser and check once. Please refer the attached screenshot for VLAN115.

gtsmithjr
Level 1
Level 1

Sujoy,

You are correct, I was trying to change the subnet on VLAN1, and it can not be changed it seems, however the other VLANS we have can.

I appreciate you showing me the screenshot, it made me check the other VLANS.