cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using RV34x, How can I have 255.255.254.0 (23) subnet? I need more IP addresses in my DHCP (server)?

gtsmithjr
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to setup a VLAN that has more IP addresess available via DHCP.

When I try to change it to a 255.255.254.0 (23), it will not save.  I've not done this before anywhere so maybe not an true option, but I've read discussions on the process.

Thanks,

G.T.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sujoy Paria
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

It is possible to assign the /23 IP pool on the VLAN interface and enable the DHCP server. Please try different browser and check once. Please refer the attached screenshot for VLAN115.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Do you get some sort of error , if so which one ?

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

No errors, the fields turn Red, indicating a non valid value.  So that is not the way to do it if there is a way.

Sujoy Paria
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

It is possible to assign the /23 IP pool on the VLAN interface and enable the DHCP server. Please try different browser and check once. Please refer the attached screenshot for VLAN115.

gtsmithjr
Level 1
Level 1

Sujoy,

You are correct, I was trying to change the subnet on VLAN1, and it can not be changed it seems, however the other VLANS we have can.

I appreciate you showing me the screenshot, it made me check the other VLANS.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: