cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VLAN Rv160W

Len Levin
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer that I just updated their edge router to a RV160W.  Not a big customer.  The RV160W is providing all of the functions for th business.

A security camera company installed cameras and a recording device.  The location has multiple buildings without connectivity between the builds.  He used Ubiquity access points to bridge the main wireless network between the buildings.

I want to isolate the camera system from the rest of the network.  My plan is to setup another VLAN and assign it to a specific LAN port on the RV160W.  I would also like to have the 2nd VLAN to have it's own DHCP range.  This will allow the cameras to have their own SSID.

I have very little experience doing this kind of set up.

Any suggestions of best practices would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Len

2 Replies 2

I tried to configure a second VLAN, in my RV 160 like is shown in the article in the attached link. I have not had much success. I must say that I am at a loss. one vlan is used for service, the second vlan is used for static NAT and i just rtied to add a third vlan for RAS access. I can not ping or access a divice that is attached to the third vlan. help!