cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VLAN Rv160W

Len Levin
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer that I just updated their edge router to a RV160W.  Not a big customer.  The RV160W is providing all of the functions for th business.

A security camera company installed cameras and a recording device.  The location has multiple buildings without connectivity between the builds.  He used Ubiquity access points to bridge the main wireless network between the buildings.

I want to isolate the camera system from the rest of the network.  My plan is to setup another VLAN and assign it to a specific LAN port on the RV160W.  I would also like to have the 2nd VLAN to have it's own DHCP range.  This will allow the cameras to have their own SSID.

I have very little experience doing this kind of set up.

Any suggestions of best practices would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Len

2 Replies 2

I tried to configure a second VLAN, in my RV 160 like is shown in the article in the attached link. I have not had much success. I must say that I am at a loss. one vlan is used for service, the second vlan is used for static NAT and i just rtied to add a third vlan for RAS access. I can not ping or access a divice that is attached to the third vlan. help!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: