cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VOIP Dial out issues with SRP547W

stevenacarter
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All, this is my first post so I appologise if I have posted it in the wrong place up front.

I have recently purchased an SRP 547w replacing an 877w and linksys pap2t voip box.

I have 1 major issue at present - no matter which number I dial, I cannot ring out.  I get what appears to be an engaged tone.

History:  I used to run the linksys papt2 behind the 877w and it worked without issue.  Ports opened and forwarded were:

udp 5060-5061

udp 8000-8001

my SIP port is 5060

the RTP ports are 8000-8001

I know this works on the SRP547 as without them, I cannot make any calls into the system.

These settings worked perfectly on the PAP2T; I have copied them across to the SRP547W and opened the same ports.  I can call VOIP device on the specified number, but still no dialing out. 

The 2 main differences I can see on the new device 1)  The VOIP is integrated into the router so I'm not routing traffic in exaxtly the same way as I was with the PAPt2 and the second being that the SRP547W also has the ability to connect a PSTN line - which I do not have.

I wonder if this has anything to do with the issue?

For the record, I have diabled the firewall - same result; additionally, if I connect the PAP2T to the SRP547 and forward the ports (or enable UPNP) then I can actually dial out which means I think its safew to say that my issue is within the SRP547W.

I can conrim that the SRP547 does 'hear' the tones from the phone.  When I dial certain numbers (to force certein codecs) the system responds to them. 

If anyone else has had a similar issue, could you help me out with some direction?

I'd post logs, but I'm not sure how to get them off this device (yet) - I've only had this device for 4 days.....

0 Replies 0