cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN client access through an Cisco RV215W

broow
Level 1
Level 1

i have setup PPTP on a Cisco RV215W router.  i can gain remote access to the router with no issue, but i am not able to access any device past the router.  I have 2 vlans, 40 and 41.  I have inter vlan routing enabled,  on vlans 1, 40, 41, i have a truck port on my external switch connected to the rourter.  vlan 1 on the router is untagged, 40 and 41 are tagged.  i have tried all sorts of different arrangements, but no connectivity to the external switch.  I can ping the ip gateway addresses on the router.  I can ping the ip gateway ip address of the vpn ip assigned address.  Not sure what to try next.  the external switch default gateway is the address of vlan 41 on the router.

2 Replies 2

broow
Level 1
Level 1

Really??  no one out there ever get a RV215W pptp vpn connection to work where the vpn client can access resources on the remote lan?

I conferred with L2 engineers on this. I know this seems counter intuitive, but disable inter-VLAN routing and see if there is a difference. Please let me know either way...if it works or not. What firmware version are you running also? My email is maharbin@cisco.com. Would you mail me your topology and config information? I am willing to lab this up for you and see if we can get this corrected. I look forward to your feedback. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: