cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN from Android smartphone to Small Business RVS4000 4-Port Gigabit Security Router with VPN

82phate82
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I need to build a VPN tunnel from my Android  smartphone to Cisco RVS4000, but looking on some Internet forums I  understand that I can't build a VPN tunnel between a smartphone and the  router I purchased. Can you confirm this aspect? I am doubtful because  in all the forums the web configuration interface of the router is  Linksys-branded, whereas my model has a web interface Cisco-branded. Is  it anyway the same model? Is there no way to get what I want with this  router?

I read that the Cisco RV042 or RV042G should do in my  case. With these models, can I build the VPN channel without any  problems? I particularly interested in knowing if I must set static  public IP addresses on router and smartphone, or if I can rely on a high  level authentication.

After all, I would like to be able to  download a vpn client on any Android smartphone and connect via a VPN  tunnel to my router using the cellular connection.

Thanks in advance for your support.

Best regards,

Vincenzo

2 Replies 2

jurodri3
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Mr. Mighalli,

Unfortunately we is not possible to connect Smartphones via VPN using a RVS4000.

The Smartphones only support Cisco IPSec connectivity which is not included on the RVS4000

Diego Rodriguez

Cisco network engineer

Thank you

*If this answer was satisfactory for you, please mark the question as Answered.*

Hi,

thanks for your support. Unfortunately I am not clear about the question. On an Android smartphone I can set up different kinds of vpn: PPTP VPN, L2TP VPN, two kinds of IPSec VPN, and OpenVPN VPN. In the configuration web page of my Cisco RVS4000, I see only one option for setting up a VPN tunnel, that is IPSec VPN.

Do I misinterpreted what I read?

Vincenzo

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: