cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Passthrough not working

shootland
Level 1
Level 1

My WRVS4400N is not letting my VPN client through the router. I have checked the passthrough boxes for all 3 protocols. I have port range forwarding for my VPN connections to my SBS2008 box on port 1723. Did I forget something?

5 Replies 5

hjgasvoda
Level 1
Level 1

I am also having a similar issue.  I have a hardware VPN setup between two RVS4000 VPN routers between our main office and branch office.  The VPN works fine with Server 2003 machines but if I try to access a Server 2008 machine across the VPN it does not respond.  I check the logs and I see the request being sent across but there is not response.  I have looked over tons of forums and have not disocvered anything.  Note:  I can access the Server 2008 machines just fine in the LAN so it is not a firewall issue. 

Holly,

Make sure the server 2008 has correct default gateway of the RVS4000. Also on another note, 2008 does have more advance firewall features. That being said, disable the firewall on the 08 server and then try to ping it across the tunnel.

Let me know if it pings. Also keep in mind that the packets source address is coming from a different local subnet than your local. On the 08 server this is most likely why the local host are capable of pinging it.

hope this helps,

Jasbryan

Jasbryan,

Thanks for getting back to me, I am at my whits end. 

The firewall is turned off on all 3 profiles in Server 2008...I have further discovered that my branch office can't ping name or IP of any Windows 7 machines at the main office either...could this be a 64 bit issue? Gateway is fine, I also have a VPN setup on one of my domain controllers and when I am at home using the basic Windows VPN client, I can access all of my servers just fine.  This hasn't been an issue because 90% of my server are still Server 2003 but this is going to become a large issue as I continue to upgrade my production servers.  

Holly,

It shouldn't be a 64 bit issue. Give us a call @ SBSC @ 1-866-606-1866 and open a support case. You can e-mail me if you like.

Thanks,

Jasbryan

Jasbryan,  Thank you so much for your responses but as I kept digging and digging, I found that my predecessor had put persistant static routes into the older servers.  I had looked at the remote server for static routes but not the local server so it was my negligence.  Again, thank you very much for responding to me.