Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN stopped working (RVS4000)

I got a RVS4000 about 3 years ago that worked ok for the most part.  The biggest problem is the fact that the VPN suddenly stopped working one day last year and I have yet to figure out why.  Including myself, we had 3 people that were once able to use the VPN on this router.  We've rebooted, reloaded, recreated user logins but with no success.

I've been reading a lot of posts that seem to indicate that this is kind of widespread and I have yet to find any answers in this support forum and I'm still digging whenever I have a moment.

So what do I need to do to get this fixed?

4 Replies 4

lariasqu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Lawrence, thank you for using our forum, my name is Luis I am part of the Small business Support community. I apologize for your inconvenience; I was wondering what firmware are you running? The last version is 2.0.3.2 I advise you to upgrade your device to this version, if you already has this version please install it again and perform a factory reset, then try to configure manually.

I hope you find this answer useful

Greetings,

Luis Arias.

Cisco Network Support Engineer.

Ok.  Is it ok if I save my settings prior to reinstalling the firmware again and then restore my settings?  Or do you think that's part of the problem?  I use a number of MAC filters and I'd rather not have to re-enter them if I don't have to.

Hi Lawrence, you could try creating a backup before performing the upgrade and upload it after upgraded the firmware and performed the factory reset , if the issue continues please, perform a factory reset and configure it manually.

I hope you find this answer useful

Greetings,

Luis Arias.

Cisco Network Support Engineer.

I would do it manually.  Just take screen shots of each screen before upgrading.  Then load them up and make them look the same.   This avoids any hidden issues.

Huntsville's Premiere Car and Bike e-magazine: www.huntsvillecarscene.com

Huntsville's Premiere Car and Bike e-magazine: www.huntsvillecarscene.com
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: