cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN unable to connect - wifi unable to connect - Unable to login to router

briancv
Level 1
Level 1

I have an RV-160W router with firmware 1.0.0.17 that has been having connectivity problems off and on. Lately it has become more frequent.

The problem is that perhaps once or twice per month, my users will complain that the following condition occurs:

- VPN users trying to conenct by shrewsoft get a message 'gateway is not responding' and cannot connect

- wifi users in the office cannot connect

- I am unable to login to the router with the confirmed correct Admin account (it tries for awhile then tells me it is the wrong password).

- ethernet-connected PC's work fine and can access internet and the network

Since I am unable to login to the router, I have to be on-site to turn off the router and turn it back on. After this, everything works fine until the next time it happens.

I began rebooting the router once per two weeks to see if this would help, but the last time this happened it was 15 hours after I last rebooted the router.

I have only had this router 1 year. I would consider upgrading the the RV-260W, but I am concerned I would have the same problems.

It really seems that all security-based features stall at once when this starts happening. for whatever reason. I don't want to be on-site all the time to manually reboot the router.

0 Replies 0