Views
Helpful
Replies

Waas License issue

Ibrahim Bhuiyan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have two isr 1921 and 1941 router. For those router I have purchased two separate  App license (L-SL-19-APP-K9=). When i activated those license, Data feature has activated but waas feature has not been activated. and also when i give "Show license detail WASS_Express" and "show waas status" command, it shows below result:-

Router#Show license detail WASS_Express

% Error: No license for WASS_Express found - License feature not found

Router#show waas   status

IOS Version: 15.4(3)M3
WAAS Express Version: 2.0.0

WAAS Enabled Interface Policy Map

DRE Status : Unsupported
LZ Status : Disabled
CIFS-Express AO Status : Disabled
SSL-Express AO Status : Disabled
HTTP-Express AO Status : Disabled

Maximum Flows : 100
Total Active connections : 0
Total optimized connections : 0

N.B. As far as i know in this license has include features by default: AppX, DATA and WAASX, eDelivery RTU. But I can see only data feature is activated but no waas license is activated.

So what is the wrong here? and what can i do now?

2 Replies 2

Hi Ibrahim
i have also faced the same issue and after working with Cisco TAC I found the below solution
I recommend you to go through the following URL: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/access/sw_activation/SA_on_ISR.html#pgfId-1057952

"Starting from Release 15.4(1)T, the license-level appxk9 is removed from the license boot module command and licensing show commands for the Cisco 3900, 2900, and 1900 Series Routers."

This means appxk9 license is no longer valid for 1900 router running 15.4(1)T or above, all the feature in appxk9 is merged with datak9 license.

However, WAAS Express does require the maximum DRAM installed on your 1900 router to work properly. You can refer to table-3 on WAAS Express datasheet to confirm if you meet the required memory on your (In your case, you should have 2.5G DRAM): http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/routers/wide-area-application-services-waas-software/datasheet_c78-611644.html

I hope the information provided has addressed your concerns. 

Thank you very much.
Please rate if you found this is helpful

datacenter
Level 1
Level 1

I have a problem, with the licence.

I needed to change a WAAS hard disk, but after the WAAS show the message.

WABR024#sh license
There are no active licenses configured.
The following list of licenses is available in this release for configuration:
Enterprise
Video
Virtual-Blade
Please, use "license add <LicenseName>" CLI command to enter
the license you purchased already.