cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP4410N wireless timetable

Darrin Calcutt
Level 1
Level 1

Why is there no option in the wireless access points for a enable/disable time table?

You would think that the firmware could include a time to enable and a time to disable the wirelesss signal?

Personally, I would like to see this option added.

No wireless signal in the best security, when nobody is in the office.

4 Replies 4

Nagaraja Thanthry
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Darrin,

Thank you for your feedback. Unfortunately, WAP4410N is a legacy product that has been announced End of Life a while ago. We have the Radio Scheduling feature on our newer access points which would function the way you are expecting.

Here is an excerpt from our admin guide regarding the scheduler feature:

Scheduler
The Radio and VAP Scheduler allows you to configure a rule with a specific time interval for VAPs or radios to be operational, which automates the enabling or disabling of the VAPs and
radio.
Hope this meets your requirements.
Regards,
NT

What model is this?

And why does not Cisco, just update the fireware on the device. Its not much to ask.

The device works great, I'd just love to get more out of what I have.

Hello Darrin, As I mentioned earlier, WAP4410N is a legacy product that has been announced End of Life. There will not be any new feature development for that product. I would suggest you to look at the newer Access Points that offer scheduling capabilities in addition to many other newer features. Please feel free to reach out to our support teams if you have any further questions regarding the Access Points.

NT

I spent a lot of money on these devices, and not that long ago either.

How disappointing from Cisco for not supporting these products.

I think my whole system is about three years old now; and you want me to upgrade?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: