cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

what is the easiest way to setup a client to gateway vpn on the rv320.

cyruss612
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone I just got the rv320 and am trying to figure things out.  I got the gateway to gateway vpn working perfectly , thanks to the help of all of you .  I have 2 people who will need to access our erp system when they are on the road.  I use to have a zyxel client that I used but I can not find one for the cisco rv320.  I do not want to spend a lot of money I just want something that I can use from a windows 10 machine that I can access every once in a while.  Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

You may refer the link to configure the PPTP VPN on RV320 Router

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/routers/cisco-rv-series-small-business-routers/smb4359-configure-point-to-point-tunneling-protocol-pptp-server-on-r.html

Note: It is recommended to use a static public IP address on the WAN interface of the RV320 Router for PPTP VPN purpose and use the same IP address as ‘Internet address’ while setting up PPTP VPN connection on Windows system.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That’s great thank you for the router but I’m looking for the client setup and what I would need for the client software. Thank you

nagrajk1969
Spotlight
Spotlight

In that case, configure the PPTP-server on RV320,and then you can use the native/built-in PPTP-client on windows...you wont need any client-software additionaly

Thank you for getting back to me I have the pptp server enabled with a scope
of 192.168.2.251/254

Do Is there something that shows me what else I need to do on the rv 320
side and the win 10 side with the built in client

Thank you again for getting back to me

Hi,

You may refer the link to configure the PPTP VPN on RV320 Router

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/routers/cisco-rv-series-small-business-routers/smb4359-configure-point-to-point-tunneling-protocol-pptp-server-on-r.html

Note: It is recommended to use a static public IP address on the WAN interface of the RV320 Router for PPTP VPN purpose and use the same IP address as ‘Internet address’ while setting up PPTP VPN connection on Windows system.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: