cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

When will there be a new firmware for RV220W

Bas van Oerle
Level 1
Level 1

My Router reboots couple of times a day and after 5minutes I will have my internet connection back. Everything under the Attack Prevention is off and also disabled my wireless but still the same issue. I know a lot of people have this problem so when will the new firmware come out to fix all issues?? I have firmware v1.0.4.17. Also tried older but same problems.

If there is a beta please let me know so I can test

12 Replies 12

jeffrrod
Level 4
Level 4

Dear Bas,

Thank you for reaching the Small Business Support Community.

It's been several days and no community members have commented on your post yet, I am not aware of a known issue based on your problem description and therefore I strongly suggest you to contact the Small Business Support Center and have a service request case opened so we can provide you a prompt solution;

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/small-business/sbcountrysupport

Please do not hesitate to reach me back if there is any further assistance I may help you with in the meantime.

Thank you for your time and patience,

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:.
Cisco Customer Support Engineer

*Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:. Cisco Customer Support Engineer *Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Geez.. the umpteenth Cisco Customer Support Engineer just ignoring posts about RV220's rebooting on this forum...

Update just a day later...

My router just rebooted 3 times within half an hour... Reason unknown...

Hello Servaas,

We may have a Engineering firmware that potentially fixes the reboot issues.Can you please reach out to Cisco Small Business Support Center (

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html) and open a service request? You may need to provide entitlement information to open the service request.

Thanks,

Nagaraja

Servaas,

I also have this problem. The support engineer changed my mtu size from automatic to 1496. It is still rebooting but less frequently. Can you also change this setting and let me know how your router responds?

Regards,

Bas

My problem is that the reboots are not regularly recurring... Nothing can happen for a few weeks and then suddenly I'm having 3 to 5 reboots within 2/3 hours...

Logging has been disabled for the most as the router was flooding my server with the same messages.

I already mentioned this in this thread https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2231395 which is practically the same thread as this: Asking for a firmwareupdate that resolves the known problems...

I can't change the setting at the moment as if something goes wrong I won't be able to fix it as I'm at work at the moment...

I have logging on and also sending it to my syslog server. The only thing I see is

cvm_ipfwd_cache_flow: Failed to allocate flow info buffer

cvmx_ptr_to_phys() passed a null pointer

I turned of my wireless because of the PNAC errors.

I will contact the cisco engineer again. I hope he has a beta firmware that I can test.

Will let you know how this story continues

Just noticed that my mobile phone can no longer connect to the RV220W... It's constantly trying to retrieve an IP-adres and then verfying it... and then fails ... and retries to do the whole thing again...

My wrong... somehow my dhcp server had stopped, but my workstation and some other computers still had a valid IP-adres...

I have a beta firmware and my router is stable now for 6days. It doesn't reboot anymore and my wireless is activated. I still see a lot of kernel errors and warnings but this will be fixed in the new firmware. I don't know when this new firmware will be released. Hope soon!

Can you or the CISCO staff please e-mail me this beta firmware or provide me with a link to download it from? I have the exact same problem and am about to trash the router and buy something from someone else.

Also, any idea when an update will be released?

Any help appreciated!

I have the same problem. My firmware is 1.0.4.17. 

When an update will be released?

Exact same problem, exact same router and firmware. Make that times 2 - my onsite router for the past 6 weeks and now a clients started acting this way last week - just called us about it an hour ago. Both have 1.0.4.17 and have since deployment, no recent changes or updates on the router.

Wayne

My router/firewall have a random crash 3-4 times a day (wireless) in office. I need a new stable firmware or a new router (no cisco). Cisco can you help me? please

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: