cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

why my device "cisco RVS4000" loses settings after some down time without electricity?

Silin.Sergey.A
Level 1
Level 1

why my device "cisco RVS4000" loses settings after some down time without electricity?

2 Replies 2

Silin.Sergey.A
Level 1
Level 1

Уважаемые коллеги, подскажите, почему маршрутизатор Cisco RVS4000 "теряет" свои настройки (WAN, FireWall и т.д.) после пропадания питания?

Сразу уточню:

• это происходит на двух маршрутизаторах одной модели с любой прошивкой;
  • маршрутизатор питается от ИБП;

Good morning

Thanks for using our forum

Hi Sergey, my name is Johnnatan and I am part of the Small business Support community.

Generally, when any device will have a random, unexpected behavior there are a few causes;Possible software, hardware or      electricity issues.

I would recommend to reflash the 2.0.2.7 firmware then factory reset the router. Manually reconfigure it without uploading any config files. If it's not fixed, I would check the electricity components such as the power adapter prongs, how does the power adapter seat to the device, the source of power, swap out the UPS/surge protector and even try a different outlet. Under/over volting a device, unclean firmware install and faulty hardware component are the top contributors to sporadic behavior. If you want to debug it further, you can set up an external syslog server to see the why.

If the problem persists I recomend you call our support team and create a case for your device

https://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

I hope you find this answer useful and I apologize for the issues you are having.

*Please mark the question as Answered or rate it so other users can benefit from it"

Greetings,

Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda.

Cisco Network Support Engineer.

“Please rate useful posts so other users can benefit from it” Greetings, Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda. Cisco Network Support Engineer.