cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Why won't my router open ports?

Shawn Amyotte
Level 1
Level 1

I'm using a WRVS4400N and have all the proper ports open as well as the corresponding ones in the windows firewall. I've tested this with multiple port checkers online, such as grc.com. I've even go so far as to put one computer on a dmz and turn off the firewall on others. I've tested multiple ports on different computers. As well as from different remote gateways (other people's computers) just to see if it was a loopback problem.

I have the latest firmware installed and have done this from a clean install as well. This problem won't go away. My addy is nbcr [dot] dyndns.info if you'd like to have a test yourself and see that 118 is indeed closed.

I have an extensive computer repair background and run my own shop repairing computers, however networking is my weak area. I really don't think I've missed anything but I'm open to suggestions.

Oh and its version 2.

router port forward.png

4 Replies 4

rocater
Level 3
Level 3

Hello Shawn,

What is the WAN IP address of the WRVS4400N? You will want to make sure that the address there matches up with the address your domain name points to.

I've tried both, however I'm not giving out my public IP on a forum.

Strange, it just starting working this morning. Guess it just needed a good sleep.

Glad to hear. If you have any other questions, feel free to to ask. You can always give us a call at the support center here. Here is a link to contact us-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: