Views
Helpful
Replies

Wifi routing going crazy

sdeglin
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I recently bought a RV180W to replace my old Linksys Router.

Everything is going fine except with my iPad Wifi.

Sometimes everything is in order, and sometimes I simply cannot access the Internet from the iPad Wifi. At that time local wifi communications with the LAN are still working, and wired access from the same vlan to the Internet is also working.

I did some sniffing and noticed some of the trafic is simply not routed anymore between this specific LAN endpoint and the WAN access.

In the mean time the router keeps logging arp deletion error and/or bandwidth limitation failure (though I did not configure any).

If I insist trying to access the Internet from the tablet, other wifi endpoints start to be isolated from the Internet too. If I reboot the router, Wifi communication come back for all endpoint but the iPad.

I've seen some post about similar issues, but no workarounds mentioned.

1 Reply 1

sdeglin
Level 1
Level 1

I finally figured out what was the problem. It was coming from my ADSL box which was somehow disturbing the RV with box to box communication.

I isolated those in a vlan. Since then everything is working fine again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: