Replies

WOL with WRVS4400N router

pradeepnambiar
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to make WOL (Wake on Lan) work with

WRVS4400N with magic packet coming from

the internet ?

I tried port forwarding with IP address set to my network address, but couldnot get it to work.

Anyone have any recomended settings for the router for this to work without opening up the router completely.

Thanks

2 Replies 2

lifennel
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Sir,

I see that you have attempted to forward the magic packet for WOL through the WRVS4400N, and it did not work. I am honestly unsure as to whether or not the WRVS4400N supports Wake-on-lan, but I did want to ask if you've attempted to achieve this by using a vpn tunnel or the quickvpn software, since that is the alternative to forwarding the port.

Thanks,

-Lindsey

I tried doing  this after doing a VPN, but doesn't seem to work. I can log into a system that I keep powered on  after doing a VPN. But I still wil have to keep a sysem ON all the time. I wish there was a feature on the router just to accept these packets without having a dedicated system ON all the time.

As I said I tried port forwarding on the router, but it didn't make any difference.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: