cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

Announcement“Cisco Design Thinking Workshop”. Cisco Small Business is excited to invite its Silicon Valley customers to an exclusive interactive one-day session between customers and product Managers.  If you are interested in this exclusive workshop, please fill out the Registration Form. For more information, please check out our FAQ

Get the latest new and information the November issue of the Cisco Small Business Monthly Newsletter

Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

WRV200 Unable to set static default route

In my case i should use the wrv200 as a router with static routes.

A tried to set up a route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.168.1.254.

I did not get any error messages after clicking the "save changes" button, but it does not work and it can't be seen on the routing table.

I think that it is not a missing feature! That must be a bug!

Could anybody help me please?

city_vineyard.jpg

Everyone's tags (5)
3 REPLIES 3
Beginner

Re: WRV200 Unable to set static default route

To change the default route you have to set the gateway address on the router. The default gateway ip address defines the default route.

Beginner

I can not do that because the default gateway parameter belongs to the wan interface, which is connected with the router at the vineyard over vpn and has the ip 172.16.1.1 if I try to set here 192.168.1.254 it says:

"The gateway should be in the same subnet as the interface" or something like that with the same meaning.

I did not post but i use the firmware version 1.0.39

Beginner

I think with these routers it's not possible to set the default gateway to the LAN interface. It's always bound to the WAN interface. But I could be wrong.