cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WRV210- Can't ping a PC on LAN over VPN Tunnel

mgf
Level 1
Level 1

I have a WRV210 setup with a network of 10 devices (both wired and wireless) (PCs, printers, wifi phones) and everything on the network works great. when I am on the wired or wireless network I ping all devices on the network and connect to them (remote desktop) whitout a problem. The issue is with one server when I try to ping it with a remote client over a VPN tunel (using quick VPN on windows 7). When the VPN tunel is established I can ping all other PCs and printer on the network except that single server. I configured the server to get a DHCP address and configured the gateway to always issue a 192.168.1.111 Ip address to that MAC address. I can ping that server IPaddress from the gateway diag page without any problem.

I also configured port forwarding on the gateway to send all SSH traffic on port 22 to that server and I can also connect to it without a any problem!

I need to be able to remote desktop that machine over VPN and that simply refuse to work ( can't "see" that machine through the VPN tunel)

Can someone help I am out of ideas on what to do

3 Replies 3

David Carr
Level 6
Level 6

Marc,

It could be a firewall on the machine your trying to get to that is blocking you from access or pinging it.

It has to be something specific to that machine if you can access other equipment on the network.

Thanks David, I did try turn off the

firewall on that machine. I will try to dig around and see if there are any other settings

that are interfering....

Marc

No problem Marc,

Let us know what you come up with.