Views
Helpful
Replies

WRVS4400N acting as a gateway over VPN

danmurfitt
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

When I run the QuickVPN client and connect to our WRVS4400N router I can access network resources as expected buy my internet access is still going out through my normal gateway. Is it possible to have internet traffic, while connected via QuickVPN, routed through the VPN? I remember setting up a Windows VPN in the past and you could select the option to "Use default gateway on remote network" which would enable this but I can't find a similar option with the QuickVPN software.

Many thanks

Dan

5 Replies 5

ryszard.moron
Level 1
Level 1

Version of QuickVPN Client. ?

Alternative use IPSEC with NCP, Shrew Crew, TheGreenbow VPN Clients due Problems QVPN problems with w7.

Informations on my website.

Best regards

ANDREW FOX
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Dan,

Hope you find the answer to this.  I am looking for the same thing. Please update us if you find the answer.

Thanks,

Andrew

mpyhala
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Dan,

Thanks for posting your question. The simple answer is no, QuickVPN uses a split tunnel and all traffic destined for the WAN goes out the local gateway. There is no full tunnel option with QuickVPN.

danmurfitt
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Many thanks for your replies. In that case, would it be possible to set up a full VPN tunnel with another VPN software package?

Dan

Dan,

I am not aware of any way to create a full tunnel with any other clients. As far as I know you would need an enterprise level router for full tunnel capability. If I find anything different I will update.