Views
Helpful
Replies

WRVS4400N default route

gamer.storm
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

I bought a WRVS400N v2 to be used as an access point.

Currently it is hooked up on my switch via a trunk port and is able to communicate with my gateway.

Whenever I try to access an IP subnet other then the local IP address of the WRVS, I get a network unreachable error.

To fix this for my local networks, I added the appropriate static route to cover my local LANs and that seems to work now.

I tried to add route 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0 using the web interface for internet access, but somehow it does not recognize this as a default route (quad zero!?).

Does anybody know how I can set the default gateway in this router? Maybe, but hopefully not, I have to use the WAN port to create some kind of uplink and use one of the LAN ports to connect using the trunk port and route traffic for the clients over the WAN port :-)

Hopefully someone knows how!

Thanks,

René

2 Replies 2

jonatrod
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Rene, thank you for using our forum, my name is Johnnatan I am part of the Small business Support community. In this case is impossible to assign a default route to the router because the gateway address is the same as the router. This kind of devices doesn´t need to set a default route. You also have to keep in mind the router and gateway mode.

I hope you find this answer useful,

*Please mark the question as Answered or rate it so other users can benefit from it"

Greetings,

Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda.

Cisco Network Support Engineer.

“Please rate useful posts so other users can benefit from it” Greetings, Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda. Cisco Network Support Engineer.

Goodmorning Guys, 

just one simple question. When I change mode from "Router" to "Gateway" on WRVS4400N , will static routes table deleted ? 

Thank you!