cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WRVS4400N Hosting Exchange Server

phenicie1
Level 1
Level 1

I have a WRVS4400n. I have mail.mydomain.com linking to my external IP address where my server is located. Whenever you goto that domain or ip address is attempts to log in to the router. I have remote mgmt disabled as well. Help?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Alejandro Gallego
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you try to connect to mail.mydomain.com from inside the company I am not surprised you get the router, but from the outside you should not get anything if nothing is forwarded and management is disabled. If this is true, something is wrong.

Now, last I checked the WRVS does not support multiple WAN IPs, so for your mail server 'mail.mydomain.com' should be your static IP address given to you by your ISP. That said, once your exchange server is ready and you can access it internally, you will need to forward 443, and 25 TCP at minimum to your mail server. Nothing else needs to be done for your typical exchange deployment.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Alejandro Gallego
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you try to connect to mail.mydomain.com from inside the company I am not surprised you get the router, but from the outside you should not get anything if nothing is forwarded and management is disabled. If this is true, something is wrong.

Now, last I checked the WRVS does not support multiple WAN IPs, so for your mail server 'mail.mydomain.com' should be your static IP address given to you by your ISP. That said, once your exchange server is ready and you can access it internally, you will need to forward 443, and 25 TCP at minimum to your mail server. Nothing else needs to be done for your typical exchange deployment.

That was the fix. I did not have port 443 forwarded. Thanks