Views
Helpful
Replies

WRVS4400N - IPS and 50Mbps Broadband

cactusdesigns
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Just been upgraded to 50Mbps Broadband, but I can only achieve 22Mbps with IPS enabled.

Is this a know problem?

Is there a work around, instead of just disabling IPS?

Clearly if I cant get this fixed I'll be going elsewhere for my router :(

Regards.

77 Replies 77

Hi,

Not that it's an essential feature for me, but I can reproduce the issues with the IAP. I can see from the syslog that more often than not, the packages supposed to be blocked, are not blocked.... I actually get surprised whenever I see packages supposed to be blocked also do get blocked.

/Paw

'

With IPS enabled, port forwarding works fine, no broken connections, but I am limited to 1/3 the bandwidth (10-20mbps).

With  IPS disabled, I have full bandwidth but port forwarding is broken,  connections break during the first part of the connection.

Is CISCO going to address this problem?

This is unbelievable for a ~$200 "business" wireless router. '

Is there still no progres in this problem ?

Mr. Geenens,

The wrvs4400n does have a known bug with the Asymetric port forwarding or a different external to internal port forwarding. 

As of know the only work around for that to work is to disable the IPS until a firmware is released to address this.

Again we apologize for the inconvenience with this Mr. Geenens.

The Cisco I heard of is very responsive with fixes and features. Evidently this product is from a different Cisco that offers

only apologies and workarounds. It would be nice if there were one and only one Cisco to deal with. Look how long this thread is and how little has been done to correct these issues.

nrf

What you say is not correct.

The workaround u offer: As of know the only work around for that to work is to disable the IPS until a firmware is released to address this.

As far as I can see the problem is that with IPS disabled port forwarding is not longer working, with port forwarding enabled I only get 20mbit thru it...

I AM IN PROBLEM NOW  I HAD BOUGHT SAME WRVS4400N . MY isp speed is 100mbs up and down but when i connect this router  speed shows 25mbps . any solution will be great help.

As far there still is no solution to this problem i think.

I'm sure for the 1.0 & 1.1 version there still is no newer firmware then 1.1.13 ( 25/FEB/2009 ).

i'm sure this firmware does not fix the problem.

For the 2.0 version i think the latest is 2.0.2.1 ( 15/JUN/2011 ).

Of this firmware i'm not sure this fixes the problem.

And because 1.0 & 1.1 are end of life for some time now i don't expect any more fw updates...

I think there is no solution that's why we park our WRVS4400N in the cabinet. @aashis if you want 100mbps, you have to disable the IPS if not it will connect around 20mbps plus or minus.

Y but still, if u disable IPS port forwarding seems to fail

thanks guys from qucik responce i think i waste money. trying to run ftp ports

HI  HOW CAN I SETUP FTP FILE ZILA IN THIS ROUTER USING STATIC IP . I HAVE ONE FIXED IP

Hi,

If you are setting up an FTP server, go to Port Forwarding and forward port 21 to the LAN IP address of the server.

alissitz
Level 4
Level 4

Thanks Security Router for adding in!

Page 126 starts the QoS section.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/csbr/wrvs4400n/administration/guide/WVRS4400N_Admin_Guide_v2.pdf

When I mentioned trusting CoS or the port, or trusting the DSCP, I was referring to this config option.  Have you tested this already?

Are you also saying that IPS is required for QoS?  Not sure I follow you on this one, many thanks for adding in!

Andrew Lissitz

nealrfildes
Level 1
Level 1

what kind of 'permission' is required to look at those?

Hello and good evening,

If you have some time, can you provide an update?  Have you tested a design with multiple VLANs?

Take care and chat soon,

Andrew