Helpful
Replies

WRVS4400N IPS blocks TeamViewer V7 connections

zurich8000
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

pls excuse my limited English.

Since the change from TeamViewer 6.x to TeamViewer 7.x my router's (WRVS4400N V1.1, latest firmware V1.1.13-ETSI from 2009-02-24 and latest IPS definitions 1.50 from 2011-08-09) IPS blocks its connections to my remotely supported computers claiming a "P2P Vagaa connection attempt - 2". This is not happening with TV 6.x.

Who does the error, TeamViewer or Cisco?

Regards from Zurich.

4 Replies 4

aandstech
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Zurich,

Just to let you know Im using a

WRVS4400N firmware V2.0.1.3-ETSI

teamviewer 7.0.12313

IPS 1.50

With no teamviewer issues.

Regards,

Aaron

Hi Aron,

thanks for your response.

However, I'm assuming then you are using the third issued version of this device's HW (V2.0, and not V1.0, or V1.1, as I do). Therefore latest firmware for the V1.0 and V1.1 devices is 1.1.13, and you have 2.0.1.3 installed (BTW: there is a newer version available 2.0.2.1 ;).

BTW: there is no issue, teamviewer connections are not being blocked, if I turn IPS off.

Regards,

Zurich.

Based on your post, I turned off my IPS today.  I am running the same model, running firmware

V2.0.0.8

My problem was not a complete cut off of access, but my teamviewer connection would stop responding after a few minutes of traffic.  This means I could establish the connection, but could not keep it and had to re-establish the connection.

I have no more problems after disabling the IPS.

I don't want to have to mae that choice either... I will update my firmware and report back.

I have updated the firmware to 2.0.1.3 and enabled the IPS.  The dropped Teamviewer sessions have ceased.  Teamviewer now stays connected with no issue.