Views
Helpful
Replies

WRVS4400N -- NAT from different LAN subnet

Map23
Level 1
Level 1

Goodmorning, 

I have a WRVS4400N and I need to ask one thing that unfortunately I can't test. 

On this device, is the NAT possible only if source subnet is the LAN configured on that ? 

I need to ask that because I need to add another router to WRVS4400N  and this router use a different LAN subnet respect to WRVS4400N's LAN subnet. 

I still use WRVS4400N for Internet access. 

My topology is: 

"LAN 2" --- "Router 1" ---LAN 1--- "WRVS4400N " ---- Internet

I don't find this situation in router's manual

I hope that my situation is clear...  

Thank you for your support!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

cchamorr
Level 5
Level 5

Hello, 

Thank you for posting your question.

You are not able to find this setup in the manual because it is an unsupported configuration.

In any case I'm very positive it will work. The WRVS4400N will be able to route the traffic from VLAN 2 out to the internet. Just make sure that you connect the Internet port of the second router to one of the  LAN ports on the WRVS4400N.

I would like to know what is the reason for this configuration as it is not ideal.

I hope this is helpful.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

cchamorr
Level 5
Level 5

Hello, 

Thank you for posting your question.

You are not able to find this setup in the manual because it is an unsupported configuration.

In any case I'm very positive it will work. The WRVS4400N will be able to route the traffic from VLAN 2 out to the internet. Just make sure that you connect the Internet port of the second router to one of the  LAN ports on the WRVS4400N.

I would like to know what is the reason for this configuration as it is not ideal.

I hope this is helpful.

Hi cchamorr, 

thank you for your help. 

I know that is not ideal, but this configuration is needed because above topology is "simplified". 

This topology is only the root of my problem 

Thank you, I hope that my configuration will be ok 

Ok, I understand.

I'm sure that, at least what you asked on this forum, will work just fine.

Please don't forget to mark an answer as correct if it was helpful to you so that other members can benefit from it.

Of course, 

Thank you 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: