Views
Helpful
Replies

WRVS4400N Setup Help

mchugh2001
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All-

I have a WRVS4400N (I think the earlier version) that I can not access for some reason.  I have the ethernet cable going directly from my desktop to one of the ports on the back, but the web interface can not connect to 192.168.1.1.  I tried all 4 ports, power cycled and did a hard reset.....

The unit is unfortunately out of warranty.  There were no "events" such as power surge, virus, etc. and all LED lights indicate that it should be working.

Also, when I bypass the router directly to my modem, I have no problems whatsoever, so I know something is going on with the router specifically- not my PC and not the modem/internet.

As it stands, I'm considering this thing "broken" and will buy a new one if I can't fix it within the next day.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

1 Reply 1

David Carr
Level 6
Level 6

Marcus,

Try this, unplug the power to the router and disconnect it from the modem.  With just your pc, connect to the router and try the login page. 

If that don't work, check to see what your ip address is.  If you don't have an ip address, set one up statically on the 192.168.1.x network and see if you can get into the router.

If you do get an ip address and it is different than the 192.168.1.x network, then the default gateway address is the routers address.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: