cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WRVS4400N VPN Issues

NorgenTech
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 WRVS4400N VPN 2.0 routers (one here and the other at the remote network).  They are both running identical configurations (latest fimware and IPS).  Both are behind a Verizon Fios router and assigned a static WAN IP address.  Here is the config for both:

Router1

LAN 10.1.0.0

WAN 192.168.0.10

DDNS host1.dyndns.org

Router2

LAN 10.1.1.0

WAN 192.168.1.11

DDNS host2.dyndns.org

VPN is set up on both devices (at least I think it is but perhaps could be incorrectly set up) and the VPN tunnel name are the same for both and VPN users are also set up.

I've been trying to run the VPN Setup wizard and it fails to connect stating the router1 cannot be accessed.  The VPN tool, then points to the user and password for the Router2 device. 

Does anyone have any straight forward experience getting 2 of these VPN routers connected so I can bridge my 2 networks over a secure VPN?  My thought was to have a constant connection between both networks for file sharing and backups between each other. Any help is greatly appreciated.

2 Replies 2

jasbryan
Level 6
Level 6

Jose,

First you need remote management enable on both routers. Once this is completed make sure you're not using default password for user Admin.

Also make sure under the firewall tab that --> block wan request is not check...

Now you should be able to run the wizard put in your required information and save on both sides.

Tunnels should come up sucessfully if no ports are being blocked by the ISP and all configuration is correct.

If tunnels don't come up shortly 3 to 5 minutes. instead of using your DYNDNS.ORG name ...--> try using the public i address of each router. (you have to have public ip address on the WAN port of each router--> it's can't be a private address (10.0.0.0---10.255.255.255----------172.16.0.0---172.31.255.255----------192.168.0.0---192.168.255.255)

Now test.

Please post results.

Thanks,

Jasbryan

Cisco Support Engineer

.:|:.:|:.

Thanks for your reply.  I have disabled the block WAN request on both ends, and that gets me to the next page in the VPN Wizard where it says "confirm settings".  The only way I can get it to go this far is by specifying the local WAN IP of my router here (the static IP for the WAN port visible by my ISP's router).  For the remote network I'm trying to connect to, I did use the public facing ISP's IP address. 

The message I get now when I click "Go" at the bottom of the confirm your settings page is: "Both Router 1 and Router 2 configure failure".  Remote management is enabled on both ends also and there is only one tunnel available for use.  Strangely the VPN user accounts I've set up do not work at all, but if I use the Admin accounts for both, it gets to the confirmation page.

What should I try next?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: