Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco RV260 router web filtering not working

LewisLee43510
Beginner
Beginner

Hi,

I am trying to enable the web filtering feature and also the blocklist in RV260 router, but they don't work at all.

I saw it is managed by Webroot and my subscription has not expired yet (bought in April 2020). Anything related to Webroot? 

Any idea on this? 

thanks

Lee

2 Replies 2

Martin Aleksandrov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi there,

What is your RV260 firmware version? Can you get to the Webroot web site and double-check your license? Webroot handles licensing issues and the licensing and billing process.

Have you tried to do a URL look up on the web filtering page with the URLs you'd like to block? This way you can see under which category the URLs fall and respectuvey block them.

Regards,

Martin

Hi Martin,

My firmware version is 1.0.01.02.   Webroot sent email to me that I still have two months before the Webroot® protection expire.

I think I may have figure out what's going on.

I have Cisco RV260 and one of its port has another wifi router (netgear) connect to it. I used both LAN port (let's say port1) directly coming out of RV260 and also wifi that connects to another port (let's say port 2) 

If I set web filtering using RV260, if i use computer connecting to its LAN port 1(not wifi), it can do most of the filtering as expected, except discord.com is not filtered as social network. 

For data coming out of the wifi router that connects to another port (port 2) of RV260, the RV260 web filtering does not work.

I had the assumption that RV260 should also filter the port that has wifi router --- it did not.

Anyway to enable this? 

Thanks,

Li 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: