cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

Get the latest Cisco news in this December issue of the Cisco Small Business Monthly Newsletter

Views
Helpful
Replies

Double Check QoS Configuration / Review Please

Hey group, I am working on getting some QoS on our network and today was my first shot and I wanted to have the experts double check my work please as I'm not 100% on some mappings etc. Our setup is as follows:

SA540 (Site 1)  IP/SEC VPN  SA 540 (Site 2)  TC Server at Site 2 on VLAN2

I understand that QoS is applied to the WAN interface and the VPN tunnels correct? So in this case I need the traffic optimized for going over the VPN tunnel. I am using for this exercise RDC on TCP 3389.

SA540 Site 2

Firewall --> Services --> Add --> RDC / TCP / Start and End Port 3389

Networking --> QoS --> WAN --> Upstream 4439 (85% of total) --> Downstream 38097 (85% of total) --> Bandwidth Profiles --> "Remote Desktop" --> Bandwidth Range -->Min 256k Max 756k --> Priority "High"

Networking --> QoS --> Traffic Selection --> "Details" RDC "Traffic Selector" DSCP:24 "Bandwidth Profile Name" Remote Desktop

Networking --> QoS --> LAN QoS --> "Enabled" --> Port 1 Classify Using: CoS

Networking --> QoS --> Port QoS Mapping --> Port 0 --> Highest

(Here I assume that Port 0 is actually LAN Port 1 as it is labeled on the machine? LAN Port 1 is connected to a switch which feeds everything else.

Networking --> QoS --> Port DSCP Mapping --> 16 / Medium -- > 24 / Highest (Everything else set to Low)

Networking --> QoS --> Enable CoS to DSCP? "Enabled"  --> 2 / 16  and 3 / 24

End

Please let me know if this looks good to you guys. I have RDC a High Priority because I want to give SIP traffic the URGENT priority. I also assume the QoS has to be identical on both firewalls and all the downstream switches as well? Thanks guys really appreciate the feedback!!

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Hello Mr. Mccullough,

Thank you for your question.

However, you have posted it on the wrong forum, please post it on small business Security forum, in order to get a better response. You can move your post using the Actions panel on the right.

Best regards,

Diego Rodriguez

Cisco Small Business Community Engineer Best regards,

Juan Diego, Thank you I have moved it accordingly. Regards!