cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

Welcome to the Cisco Small Business Community

Have a question? Click on a topic board below to get started in the community.
Get the latest news in this issue of the Cisco Small Business Monthly Newsletter

Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

Ipsec VPN site to site, best settings for optimal data transfer

I have a ISA570 at work and have set up an ipsec VPN site to site connection with my router at home which is a RV180. I'm trying to do large backups from my office to my home storage. Can you tell me what are the most efficient settings as far as the VPN connection is concerned to optimize the transfer rate? Also any settings that I may make on my Windows 7 workstation at work. I'm transferring from a worstation to the terrastation that I have at my home.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Rising star

Hi Daniel,

I noticed that your post was located in the VPN Site to Site instead of the Small Business Security area. I have moved your post to the correct area so that you will get some help.  As a Cisco customer with a service contract, you can call the small business support center to speak with an engineer.  The phone numbers are located here:

https://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

Regards,
Cindy Toy
Cisco Small Business Community Manager
for Cisco Small Business Products
www.cisco.com/go/smallbizsupport
twitter: CiscoSBsupport

Regards, Cindy If my response answered your question, please mark the response as answered. Thank you!
Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Hi Marc,

There isn't anything that you can change on the VPN setup to optimize for data transfer rate.  That is more limited by the bandwidth between the endpoints.  One thing you could do is set the MTU on the server NIC to be around 1300 bytes to account for IPSec overhead and avoid fragmentation.

Let me know if that answers your question.

Thanks,

Brandon