Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

ISA550 After upgrade > 1.2.17 many error messages in the log

Hi,

After upgrade> 1.2.17 many error messages in the log

Hello,

after upgrading from 1.2.15> 1.2.17 have infinitely many errors in the log:

Err - System: sdsd: msgq_open: Error: mq_open () failed on msg queue / sdsd, errno = 2

Err - System: sdsd: open_control_msgq: Failed to open sdsd control message queue, errno = 2 (No such file or directory)

These errors occur repeatedly (300 times per minute). So I went back to the FW 1.2.15.

Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks and regards

Claus

30 REPLIES 30
Highlighted
Beginner

Same Here  x  2, already downgrade to FW 1.2.15.

Highlighted
Beginner

I upgraded after lots of problems accessing websites such as Logmein (even on 1.2.15) and now get constant errors also.

We have pulled the device out of production environment and reverted back to our TMG.

Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Do you have samples from your logs surrounding this?   It may be best to open a case so we can investigate this as I'm not  seeing this.  Can you open a case and let me know the case number?

Thanks,

Brandon

Highlighted
Beginner

Hi,

You  need to download the software from the official cisco website some  times because of the checksum errors the software may be corrupted and  upgrade of firmware will be unsuccesful, try downlaoding once again and  upgrade.

you can download the fimware from the location below:

http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=283875260&softwareid=282728525&release=1.2.17&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest.

Thanks,

Phanikrishna

Highlighted

Hi,

My ISA570W also has the same "sdsd: msgq_open:" error message after upgrade to FW 1.2.17, I download the firmware from CISCO and pass the MD5 checksum.

Where I can download a ISA570 series log message PDF file like Cisco ASA 5000 series syslog messages document to understanding Firewall logs means?

Description:ISA570 build 1.2.17
Release:1.2.17
Release Date:02/Jul/2013
File Name:isa570-k9-1.2.17.img
Size:44.25 MB (46394364 bytes)
MD5 Checksum:6475f5cc93db71fc47ac026deac8f417
Highlighted

Hi Peter,

We don't have a file that explains the syslog messages like the one for the ASA.

Can you open a case with SBSC and gather the syslogs surrounding this along with the System Diagnostics when this is seen?

Thanks,

Brandon

Highlighted

I'm having the same issue here , I have downgraded to the previous firmware but I do have the syslogs and

diagnostics if that would be helpful to anyone

not sure how it was for anyone else but I initially noticed issues with WIFI and within a short time the

whole network started slowing to a crawl

Highlighted

Hi John,

Can you private message me the syslogs and System Diagnostics?

Thanks,

Brandon

Highlighted
Beginner

I've had the same issues, accompanied with the device slowing down and internet access going to a crawl. Rebooting solves the issue for a a couple of days, and then it happens again. I've downgraded back to 1.2.15.

N.

Highlighted

Same issues here. MD5 passes. Here are error messages:

Err - System:  sdsd:  msgq_send: name /sdsd: pid 13701: mq_timedsend failed, errno = 9

Err - System:  sdsd: tcp_connect: Couldn't connect socket, errno = 110

Err - System:  sdsd: open_connection: TCP connection failed on connection 0x00074318

Err - System:  sdsd: http_pipelined_reissue_thread: Error: QueuePeek failed

Err - System:  sdsd: http_pipelined_response_thread: Error: http_read_response failed, returned -2

Err - System:  sdsd:  msgq_send: name /sdsd: pid 5341: mq_timedsend failed, errno = 9

Err - System:  sdsd: process_msg: Failed to open response message queue

Err - System:  sdsd:  msgq_send: name /sdsd: pid 6309: mq_timedsend failed, errno = 9

Err - System:  sdsd: open_connection: TCP connection failed on connection 0x1B1C2CB8

Err - System:  sdsd: http_get: Error: Failed to open connection to v1.sds.cisco.com

Err - System:  sdsd: tcp_connect: Couldn't connect socket, errno = 110

Err - System:  sdsd: open_control_msgq: Failed to open sdsd control message queue, errno = 9 (Bad file descriptor)

Seems like this firmware was never even tested. Come on Cisco lets go!

Highlighted

Hi Jason,

Can you open a case with SBSC for this? 

Thanks,

Brandon

Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I wanted to provide an update on this.  We only had two cases opened on this or similar issues.   With one, we found it was caused by an issue with Rogue AP Detection and are in the process of testing an image with a fix.  Is anyone else still seeing this?  If so, can you open a case with SBSC for this?  With the cases we've seen, we haven't seen one with anywhere near 300 of those errors per minute, so we want to make sure we address that, too.

Thanks,

Brandon

Highlighted

I'm seeing the extact same entries in the logfile. Running 1.2.17

Highlighted

I have the second case going with this issue.  I'm also experiencing some strange issues with our VoIP phones that popped up after the 1.2.17 release.  1.2.15, no issues, after upgrade, I have to reboot the device every couple of days or else the phones start "chunking".  After reboot, good to go....for a day or two that is.