Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

ISA550 Deployment Help.

Greeting's

I need to deploy a new ISA550 Firewall in to the Following network scenario:

1. All machines are connected to a switch (192.168.1/24). Static IP's are given to nodes. Its a Cisco SG-300 28PoE Switch (L3 switch).

2. There is an ADSL WiFi router provided by ISP which serves as link to interne - I've plugged in an ethernet cable from the WiFi router to the switch and provided router's ip as default gateway to the machines.

Firewall needs to be deployed in this environment. What would be an appropriate way to deploy this firewall? I've upgraded the firmware to latest release (1.1.17)

Thank You in Advance.

Parth Maniar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Hi Parth,

One way you could do this is to connect  the ISA directly to the ADSL router and have the switch connect to the  ISA.  You would then have the ISA as the default gateway.

One thing you may want to look into is if you can set  the ADSL router in bridge mode so public ip address can be on the ISA. 

Thanks,

Brandon

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Hi Parth,

you have a switch SG300 in layer 3 mode and ADSL router connected from the lan interface to the switch in this case all the wired and wireless clients receive IP addresses from the ISA550 and the gateway is its interface IP address.

You can have the Switch in layer 2 rather then layer 3 and all the inter-vlan routing is done by ISA550. 

For the Firewall and security services features you can use without any issue for this topologie but if you want something specific to do with the firewall features please let me know and we can advise you with the configuration on ISA550

Thanks

Mehdi

Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Hi Parth,

One way you could do this is to connect  the ISA directly to the ADSL router and have the switch connect to the  ISA.  You would then have the ISA as the default gateway.

One thing you may want to look into is if you can set  the ADSL router in bridge mode so public ip address can be on the ISA. 

Thanks,

Brandon

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thank You Mehdi Boukraa and Brandon Turpin for your replies, I've used the solution given by Brandon Turpin.