Announcements
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

ISA550 - Log every visited URL?

Hello,

Is there a way to log (to syslog) every visited URL?  This sort of information can be found in Status -> Network Status -> Usage Reports.  I would also like to send this to my syslog server for later reporting.

I can also see that if I enable URL or Content Filtering the blocked or denied URL will be logged, but I'd also like to see non-blocked URLs being requested.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Contributor

You should be able to configure Syslog under Device Management. Adjust you severity down to Informational and I believe you'll get the desired results.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Shawn Eftink CCNA/CCDA Please rate all helpful posts and mark correct answers to assist others searching for solutions in the community.
Highlighted

Thanks for the reply.  Unfortunately that doesn't help.  Even at Debug, all remote logging boxes checked, the actual URLs are not logged unless they are blocked.  Is there a way to log the URLs regardless of being denied or permitted?

Highlighted

I think that's where your challenge will be.  I don't believe the ISA logs good URLs.  It does log counts for a total quantity on the Status -> Security Services Reports section but there's no way to drill in and get anything out of it.  That's why I had mentioned changing Severity because I figured at Debug you should at least get teardowns, etc. and have the list of connections...but not URLs.

Shawn Eftink CCNA/CCDA Please rate all helpful posts and mark correct answers to assist others searching for solutions in the community.