cancel
Announcements
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

ISA550 Service Groups

I am configuring my ISA550 and cant seem to utilize Service groups when creating NAT policies or port forwarding.  Any Help?

Firmware Version:1.1.14

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Hi Jon,

I wanted to update you that we are currently working on adding this capability in an upcoming release.  Until then, the workaround is what you are currently doing.

Thanks,

Brandon

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Rising star

Good morning

Thanks for using our forum

Hi Jon, my name is Johnnatan and I am part of the Small business Support community. If you want to see the Service group option, you have to configure it first. The security appliance supports up to 64 service groups. A service group can include up to 64 service members. In order to configure it, please follow these steps:

STEP 1 Click Networking > Service Management.

STEP 2 In the Service Groups area, click Add Group to add a new service group.

Other options: To edit an entry, click the Edit (pencil) icon. To delete an entry, click

the Delete (x) icon. To delete multiple entries, check them and click Delete.

The Service Group - Add/Edit window opens.

STEP 3 Enter the name for the service group in the Group Name field.

STEP 4 To add the services to the group, select the services from the left list and click the

right arrow.

STEP 5 To remove the services from the group, select the services from the right list and

click the left arrow.

STEP 6 Click OK to save your settings.

STEP 7 Click Save to apply your settings

If you already configured your device and you can´t see the option, try using another browser.

I hope you find this answer useful,

*Please mark the question as Answered or rate it so other users can benefit from it"

Greetings,

Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda.

Cisco network support engineer.

“Please rate useful posts so other users can benefit from it” Greetings, Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda. Cisco Network Support Engineer.
Highlighted

Thanks Jonathan,

I have configured all my Service Groups and address objects.  My problem does occur when trying to select them from the drop down box when configuring to policies.  I have tried IE9, Firefox, and Google Chrome with the same result.

(side note)

I am currently configuring 2 of these devices, both with different computers and multiple browsers.  I am having the same issue on both.

Highlighted

Hi Jon

You could do a factory reset to your device ant try again to configure your serfices, remember always make a backup of your configuration

Thanks

Johnnatan Rodríguez Miranda.

“Please rate useful posts so other users can benefit from it” Greetings, Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda. Cisco Network Support Engineer.
Highlighted

I have contacted Cisco Support and after a while with them in remotly, I was told that you cannot use service groups to configure port forwarding or NAT policies.  I could however use the service groups to create firewall rules.  This seems like a feature that was forgotten about or for some reason deemed unnecessary. 

I guess for now I am stuck creating a port forward for every port that is needed.  I will update this thread if anything changes.

Highlighted

Hi Jon, it would be useful if you share the progress with us, how be the case goes?

Were you able to fix the problem?, let me know if you need help and we´ll help you.

*Please mark the question as Answered or rate it so other users can benefit from it"

Greetings,

Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda.

Cisco network support engineer.

Highlighted

As of now, I have not been given any solutions from any sources including Cisco Support.  I have resorted to created a policy for each service needed.  I am hoping for a software update to enable the use of service groups when creating port forwarding policies and NAT policies, but as of now it is unavailable.

Highlighted

Hi Jon,

I wanted to update you that we are currently working on adding this capability in an upcoming release.  Until then, the workaround is what you are currently doing.

Thanks,

Brandon

View solution in original post