cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

Announcement“Cisco Design Thinking Workshop”. Cisco Small Business is excited to invite its Silicon Valley customers to an exclusive interactive one-day session between customers and product Managers.  If you are interested in this exclusive workshop, please fill out the Registration Form. For more information, please check out our FAQ

Get the latest new and information the November issue of the Cisco Small Business Monthly Newsletter

Views
Helpful
Replies
Frequent Contributor

Issue with VPN between 2 ISA550W’S.

Hello,

I also have a VPN related issue: tunnel was configured and got up by using "connect" then traffic passes both directions.

Trouble is that the tunnel won't bring up when starting ping from a local workstation to vpn destination, I need to manually hit connect.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
Contributor

Re: Issue with Site-to-Site VPN between 2 ISA550W’S.

Florin,
Would you mind creating a new thread for this, just to eliminate potential confusion on this fairly lengthy one?
As well, would you feel comfortable including some screenshots of your VPN configs at each site in that new thread?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Shawn Eftink CCNA/CCDA Please rate all helpful posts and mark correct answers to assist others searching for solutions in the community.
Rising star

Hi Shawn,

I have branched this out for you.

Regards,
Cindy Toy
Cisco Small Business Community Manager
for Cisco Small Business Products
www.cisco.com/go/smallbizsupport
twitter: CiscoSBsupport

Regards, Cindy If my response answered your question, please mark the response as answered. Thank you!
Contributor

Thanks, Cindy.

Florin,

I don't believe this is the issue, but just to be certain, would you check a setting for me on your VPN Policy?  Under Advanced Settings please ensure the DPD (Dead Peer Detection) is on and the DPD Action is set to Restart.

Shawn Eftink CCNA/CCDA Please rate all helpful posts and mark correct answers to assist others searching for solutions in the community.
Beginner

Re: Issue with VPN between 2 ISA550W’S.

Florin,

I have posted below a link to an article on how to configure a VPN on the ISA500 series. It should help you setup and configure a working VPN.

Configuration of Secure Socket Layer (SSL) VPN on ISA500 Series Integrated Security Appliances

I hope this helps with your issue.

Thank you,

Andrew Mayfield