cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

Welcome to the Cisco Small Business Community

Have a question? Click on a topic board below to get started in the community.

Views
Helpful
Replies
cisco.cisco728
Beginner

password reset for SA540

Hi everybody, Do you know of any document where I can find details about resetting the admin password on a SA540?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
juliomar
Participant

Hi cisco.cisco728,

To reset the password of the SA540.  Please refer to page 23 of the SA500 Administrators Guide.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps9932/prod_maintenance_guides_list.html

To paraphrase:

STEP 1 In the User Administration section of the Getting Started (Basic) page, click Change Default Admin Password And Add Users.

The Users window opens.

STEP 2 In the first row of the table, find the default Administrator account.

STEP 3 Click the button in the Edit column. The User Configuration window opens, displaying the default information.

STEP 4 Enter the following information:

• User Name: Enter a unique identifier for the user. It can include any alphanumeric characters.

• First Name: Enter the user’s first name.

• Last Name: Enter the user’s last name. The User Type and Group cannot be changed for this account.

• Check to Edit Password: Check this box to enable the password fields.

• Enter Your Password: Enter the current password. The default password for this new security appliance is cisco.

• New Password: Enter a password that contains alphanumeric, ‘—’ or ‘_’ characters.

• Confirm Password: Enter the password again.

• Idle Timeout: Enter the time in minutes that the user can be

Cheers,

Julio

Sorry, my mistake , I meant password recovery not reset. I don't have the admin password and I need to reset it back to factory default.

Thanks

Hello cisco.cisco728,

There is no way to recover the password without resetting the device, and unfortunately this will delete the configuration.

Thanks,

Madison Carpenter