cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

Get the latest Cisco news in this December issue of the Cisco Small Business Monthly Newsletter

Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

Questions About ProtectLink

Our office just purchased the RVS4000, and we were offered to try Cisco/Trend Micro ProtectLink. I have some questions about it.

First of all, we only have one Windows PC (the rest are Macs), and we don't have a Mail Server, so I think Web would be sufficient for us. I think the other plans would be overkill. If I'm wrong, feel free to chime in!

Second, would this be the plan we need to signup for on the RVS4000?

http://www.provantage.com/cisco-systems-l-pl-web-1~7CSC97P4.htm

Lastly, all of our machines run Antivirus Software, Firewalls, Anti-Spyware Software, plus we have a VPN service, are working on setting up a VPN on the RVS4000, and have the Firewall and IPS activated on the RVS4000. What would ProtectLink do for us that our current security setup wouldn't? I'm wondering what are the bottom line advantages that make it worth the subscription cost over our existing solutions.

Thanks!

Everyone's tags (5)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Hi Nathan -- Thanks so much for participating in the Small Business Support Community and also for choosing the RVS4000.

I've discussed your questions with one of our Security Product Managers. The link you included for ProtectLink Web is his recommendation as well. Good choice! And as you're probably aware you can try it for 30-days without obligation.

Here's the link to the ProtectLink Web data sheet which details the features and benefits.

Thanks again for choosing Cisco Small Business,

Stephanie Reaves

Cisco Small Business Technology Group

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Cisco Employee

Hi Nathan -- Thanks so much for participating in the Small Business Support Community and also for choosing the RVS4000.

I've discussed your questions with one of our Security Product Managers. The link you included for ProtectLink Web is his recommendation as well. Good choice! And as you're probably aware you can try it for 30-days without obligation.

Here's the link to the ProtectLink Web data sheet which details the features and benefits.

Thanks again for choosing Cisco Small Business,

Stephanie Reaves

Cisco Small Business Technology Group

View solution in original post

Beginner

Thanks for the info! Great to know. I'll probably signup for the free trial and test it out. That'll help me big time in making the decision.